Maintaining a strong social media presence is very important, whether you run a blog or a business. It can help you grow your following, boost engagement, and drive more conversions. However, trying to keep all of your platforms can be tiring and time-consuming. This is why many business owners rely on social media scheduling tools.
Social media schedulers help you post regular content on your accounts without having to put in hours of work every week. There are several schedulers to choose from, and most of them integrate with a variety of social platforms.
In this post, we’ll take a closer look at social media scheduling tools and why you should use one for your content. We’ll then recommend six of the best scheduling tools to can help you grow your online presence. Let’s get started!
An introduction to social media scheduling tools
If you manage multiple social media pages, keeping track of your online activities can be difficult, especially if you juggle many other tasks throughout your day. However, you can ease some of the burden by using a powerful scheduling tool.
Social media scheduling tools help marketers and business owners manage their pages more efficiently. Most of these tools come with features that make content sharing less stressful, such as bulk scheduling and post recycling. They also provide valuable data on your social media engagement.
There are several reasons you should consider using a social media scheduler. For starters, you wouldn’t need to check into your pages every single day. Instead, you could simply pick a day every week and schedule your posts in bulk.
Moreover, you’ll be able to plan seasonal content in advance, so you don’t have to worry about missing important events. For example, you can use a national day calendar to schedule posts for widely-recognized dates like World Environment Day:
You can also use a scheduler to drive traffic to particular pages on your site. For instance, if you want to generate some renewed interest in an old article, you could schedule some tweets and Facebook posts for it, spreading them across several months.
Social media schedulers can also save you time when creating new content to share. Some tools enable you to recycle your content. This is particularly useful if you use Pinterest for your business. Choosing a scheduler that enables you to re-publish the same content means you don’t have to spend hours creating new Pins or videos.
Finally, scheduling tools can help you reach a wider audience. If you have a busy day at work, you may be unable to post your social media content at the most opportune times. However, if you use a scheduler, you can customize your content for each social platform and have it go live at peak posting times.
The best social media scheduling tools
By using the right social media scheduler, you can reach a larger audience and drive more traffic to your site. Let’s take a look at some of the best scheduling tools for your business.
At Revive Social, we offer two powerful social media management tools: Revive Old Posts and Revive Network. Both plugins are designed to help you keep your platforms alive and generate more traffic from social media.
Revive Old Posts comes with several practical features, including:
- Full control over your content, which means you can select the types of WordPress posts you want to share and customize your social posts
- Hashtag automation, based on each post’s assigned categories and tags
- The option to share your blog posts on rotation
- The ability to easily share content from your favorite sites by importing posts via RSS feeds
- The option to download photos from RSS feeds and set them as featured images for your posts
- Custom Urchin Traffic Monitor (UTM) tags that show other publishers you are sending traffic to their sites from your social media accounts
Pricing: If you’re an independent blogger, you may want to go for the Personal plan of Revive Old Posts. This starts at $75 per year or $225 for a lifetime subscription; pricing options are the same for Revive Network. There are also plans made for business owners and marketers, offering more advanced features.
If you run a marketing team or manage social media accounts for different clients, Sendible may be the perfect tool for you. This scheduler facilitates collaboration among users, enabling you to assign tasks and create workflows for your clients and team members. It can also help you ensure that each piece of content is checked and approved by the right individuals before going live.
- An organized dashboard where you can reply to important requests and delegate conversations to other members
- A shared calendar that displays your social media activity, and allows you to easily reschedule posts by dragging and dropping them into your desired slots
- In-depth reports for several platforms, including Twitter and Facebook, which help you gain insight into your audience
- A responsive mobile app that lets you manage your social media streams on-the-go and instantly reply to messages from clients
Pricing: If you work independently, you might want to consider opting for the Creator plan of Sendible, which starts at $29 per month. The more advanced plans are designed for larger teams managing multiple client accounts.
Hootsuite is another scheduler that’s designed to help small teams collaborate on social media strategies. However, it’s also an ideal option for freelancers and bloggers who want a simple interface for scheduling their content.
- A calendar that helps you view all your scheduled content at a glance, so you can easily spot gaps in your schedule and see which posts have already been published
- Easy access to asset libraries and stock photos, as well as on-site image editing
- An auto scheduler that fills gaps in your calendar to help you stay consistent across your platforms
- An additional tool, Hootsuite Impact, that helps you measure your Return On Investment (ROI) and design more effective marketing campaigns
Pricing: For freelancers with a small client portfolio, the Professional plan of Hootsuite starts at $49 per month and includes up to 10 social media accounts. Meanwhile, the Team and Business plans are perfect for companies that want to build an online presence or grow their followings. Hootsuite also offers personalized solutions for large enterprises.
This scheduler was specifically designed for freelancers and small business owners who have little time to spend on social media planning. In fact, there’s almost no scheduling involved when using the tool. MeetEdgar builds a resource of posts for you, and automatically schedules them across your social media accounts.
- A limitless library of evergreen posts organized into categories, which gives you control over the type of content you want to share
- A weekly automation schedule that lets you create recurring time slots to keep your social media feed consistent
- A feature that automatically generates variations for every social media post you create, so you can have multiple tweets and Facebook posts for each article on your blog
Pricing: MeetEdgar Lite can be an affordable option for bloggers, starting at $19 per month and including three social accounts. The second plan, which costs $49 per month, allows you to integrate up to 25 social accounts and create 1,000 weekly automations.
If you’re very active on Pinterest, then Tailwind is an option worth exploring. As you may be aware, creating and posting Pins can take up a lot of time. Tailwind helps you lighten your workload by generating Pin designs for you, and allowing you to schedule your images to multiple Pinterest boards at once. You can also use it to manage your Instagram posts.
- SmartSchedule, which enables you to schedule your Pins in bulk, have them go live at peak Pinterest times, and publish them in rotation
- Tailwind Create, which helps you to quickly design multiple pins for the same post
- A browser extension that you can use to schedule Pins while scrolling through your Pinterest feed or browsing other websites
- Tailwind Communities, which are niche-based groups that you can join to share your Pins with other users and reach new audiences
Pricing: You can schedule up to 20 posts per month on the Free Forever plan. The Tailwind Pro plan costs $9.99 per month and allows you to schedule up to 100 posts/month, split between one Pinterest account and one Instagram account. You’ll also be able to create up to five Tailwind communities on this plan. Higher tier plans offer more scheduled posts and communities.
Crowdfire makes it very easy to manage your social media platforms and schedule engaging posts. Once you connect it with your WordPress site or YouTube channel, it will automatically pull up your recent content and ask you to select the social accounts you want to post on. Moreover, every time you publish a new article on your blog, Crowdfire will create a social post for it.
- Automatic content curation, so you don’t have to spend time looking for interesting third-party posts to share on social media
- A queue meter, to help ensure that you have enough content scheduled for the next seven days
- Advanced analytics and competitor analysis, which help you track your ROI and the performance of each post, while also showing you how you compare with your competitors
Pricing: You can create a free Crowdfire account that lets you link up to three accounts. Paid plans start at $7.48 per month and include several advanced features, including bulk scheduling.
Whether you’re a blogger or a business owner, posting daily content on your social media pages can help you grow your audience and drive more traffic to your site. However, this task can be very challenging, especially if you have other jobs to do on a daily basis.
Using a social media scheduler can help you keep your online platforms active with fresh posts, without having to put in much work. Here are six top tools you can use:
- Revive Social: Our WordPress plugins keep your site content alive by automatically sharing it on social media.
- Sendible: This scheduler helps you collaborate with your clients and team members on social media campaigns.
- Hootsuite: This tool comes with a user-friendly calendar that lets you fill in the gaps in your schedule, as well as advanced analytics to help you measure your ROI.
- MeetEdgar: This scheduler pulls posts from your content library, so your old content is constantly being shared on social media.
- Tailwind: This tool is perfect for Pinterest users who want to create Pins quickly, schedule content to multiple boards, and engage with other creators in their niche.
- Crowdfire: This scheduler automatically customizes your posts for each social media platform, while also helping you discover relevant content to share with your audience.
What scheduling tool do you plan to use? Let us know in the comments below!
The post 6 Best Social Media Scheduling Tools Compared for 2021 appeared first on Revive Social.